Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

{Show off Shot} for the week....

So I was visiting Natalie's Blog (checking out her amazing work) and ran into this curious little blog (hosted by And then, she [snapped] ) so I thought I'd join in the FUN this week.

My husband had told me about Cattails and how as a young boy they would pick them, take them home, put them out to dry and then once dry, they would burn them.  And the smell was heavenly.   So he brought one home the other day and last night we burned one.  I have to agree that the smell is quite awesome.  He told me that that smell took him right back to his youth. Funny how certain things, whether smell, food, places, etc. take you right back to  those younger, carefree days. 

So here is my show off image for this week plus I added a few more for fun!  Make sure you all go check out all the fabulous entries at Show Off Your Shot!
















Here are a few more shots of the smoldering, amazing smelling Cattail!!





3 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Wow, what amazing shots! I can almost smell them from here too1 :D

Heidi said...

These are beautiful; the first is my favorite.

Saun said...

I'm going to have to try that. How long do you let them dry out? Awesome shots....