Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Week 28 -My Story In Photos: I Heart My Country

I grew up in South Florida (Miami) and moved up to Central Florida 13 years ago. I have to say that even though I miss the conveniences of living in a big City (and missing my Grandkids and family), there is nothing better than living in a small town. My husband and I live in a little town called Port Orange which is just adjacent to Daytona Beach and I wouldn't change a thing about it. I really love being far from the big cities (Orlando, Jacksonville, etc.) but being just close enough. It was really hard picking out a few photos to depict life in Central Florida, but here they are. Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Beautiful Mornings


Sun Rises Over Daytona Beach


Sun Glow - Beauty of God's Creation


Beauty of Sunrise - Sun Glow Pier


Birds Eye View - Sunrise on Daytona Beach


Watching the Sun Rise - Daytona Beach. I love this photo of my husband


Early Morning Fishing - Dedicated fisherman out early in the morning trying to hook the big one off the Sun Glow Pier in Daytona.


Shuttle Atlantis May 14, 2010 from Daytona Beach (if you zoom and look closely you can see the Shuttle-its upside down. Amazing!!


Shuttle Plume over Daytona Beach


Daytona Spring Cruise - The CFGNT Club showing off their cars inside the Daytona Beach International Speedway during one of our Car Events.


Rainbow and Lightning -- Typical Florida Weather. As they say, wait 20 minutes and it changes. Here is a taste of both. Shot in our front yard over our neighbors house. Couldn't believe it when I saw it.


Old Timekeeper - Mt. Dora, FL


Simpson Hotel in Mt Dora - Built in 1925


Mt. Dora - Stairway


Turbo Beauty - Buick's line up


Poster from one of our Car Shows in Old Town


Little bit of Nostalgia at Old Town in Kissimmee


World Famous Sopotnicks Cabbage Patch Bar of Daytona



Make sure you go and check out all the other amazing entries at I Heart Faces.

16 comments:

elease said...

WOW!!! Those are incredible photos! The colors are so intense and help tell the story. Excellent!

Natalie said...

You are a VERY talented photographer. The colors are the most impressive and first things I noticed when I looked at your blog! Very beautiful

Jill Ison said...

fantastic photos! wow I really love the ones of the sky, so gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Good eye! Way to go lady! You captured some awesome shots...! The ones by the ocean are just stunning!

Paige Hinrichs said...

Seriously stunning. Well done!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! They are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Can I come visit you? Amazing pictures!

Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

Suzy Jahn said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos! Great job! I wish I had time to just walk around town and take pictures. Maybe one day when my kids have grown up a little. LOL! You are very talented. Thanks for stopping my my blog!

Wendy said...

I love your beach photos! Stunning!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photographs!! As a florida girl, I can't help but give a shout out to Mt. Dora - the highest point :)

Joyfull said...

I'm from North Florida - too far away from the beaches!! Gorgeous photos, especially of the beaches.

Jan said...

Love the rainbow/lightening sh!ot

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm.... fantastic! Those colors are amazing and so crisp and clean! We go down to Clearwater to visit the folks in the winter time and love the beaches there. Thanks for coming by!

Tiffany Franklin said...

beautiful shots!

puna said...

What a nice series and a nice little town!