Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Week 42 - In The Orchard Photo Challenge

"An orchard is an intentional planting of trees or shrubs that is maintained for food production."

This week we are to record a moment in an orchard. Whenever I think of an Orchard I think, apples, peaches and even a pecan tree. Of course living in central (and southern) Florida all we have are Orange Groves. But when you look at the definition of an Orchard, oranges certainly fit the bill. So, this past Sunday my husband took me out in search of an Orange Orchard (Grove). We drove (no kidding) about 80 miles from beginning to end of our trip, in search of one. And of course, the only face I had was my willing to please husband. I know its not very creative but he drew the line at trespassing onto the private property to pick an orange off the tree.

Here he is standing in front of an Orange Grove in Central Florida. I know I am biased....but I think he is awfully handsome!!







Make sure you go and check out all the other amazing entries at I Heart Faces.

11 comments:

Marvett Smith said...

Your husband is such a good sport. Great shot!

Anonymous said...

I love this, there' something so surreal about it. Great shot :)

Ashley Sisk said...

He is handsome - great shot.

Holly Thompson said...

I love your composition and you are right... your husband is very handsome!

Tracy P. said...

He is not only handsome, but definitely a keeper if he's willing to drive 80 miles to get you an orchard shot and pose for you. Lucky you! Great shot!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Great lighting in this photo! Lovely.

Amanda Heath said...

love the subtle vignette around the picture. really bring the eye in!

tangie said...

what a great guy!:) beautiful colors and processing!

Deborah said...

Nicely done! :) Love the lighting and the vignette!

Naomi said...

What a guy! Love the processing! THanks for your comment too! :)

Anonymous said...

I love how me eyes are drawn into the photo! The tones are so pretty too!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! ;) ;) ;)